The following privacy notice applies to this website, www.careerfuel.net. We may change or update this policy from time to time and notice of changes will be shown above where it says “last updated on…”Accordingly, you should frequently visit this web page. Any updated policy shall be effective immediately after it is posted.
1. Activity. We may ask for some personal information, including your e-mail address, for certain activities on the Website including newsletter distribution, participation in our forums and applying for a job found on our job board, called The Job Place.
2. Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Website, how you use the website, participation in forums/groups, email lists that you opt into and job applications.
3. Tracking Software. We employ use of clear gifs, a software technology (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs). Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. If you are a registered user on our site, we are able to identify your personal usage on our site including pages visited, time on site and other ways of measuring site interaction. Those who are not registered are not personally identifiable to the software or us, but like registered users, their Website usage may be tracked. We are using this information to help identify ways we can improve and monetize our Website. If you apply for a job through The Job Place, found on our site, you have given us permission to share your information with employers and that information can possibly improve or lower your chances of being considered for the job.
In addition, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and our marketing campaigns. If users would like to opt-out of these emails, they can do so here.
Importantly, we do not share, sell, rent or trade your personal Information with any third party other than when you apply for a job using The Job Place and agree to let us share your application with an employer.
4. Relevant Advertising. We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the Site to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
5. Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or picture content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available and you acknowledge that third parties may access, collect and use such content.
The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws and is the property of CareerFuel. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The collective work includes works that are licensed to CareerFuel. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by CareerFuel. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This copyright policy is effective from September, 2011.
If you have any questions about this notice, email us at email@example.com.